1. More money circulates locally
Owners of local businesses live and spend their money in the community
Less money is ultimately flowing out of the province
2. Community character is not only maintained, it grows!
Supporting local keeps rural and neighborhood stores open, providing greater choice & diversity
3. Local non-profit organizations benefit more from local businesses
Studies have shown that local organizations receive more support from local business owners than they do from large, national corporations
Let's Start a Movement!
Although it may seem daunting, collectively, we can create the best buy local culture in Canada.
We propose 4 key pillars to make this happen
1. Support from the top
The most effective movements have strong support from governments as well as citizens
2. Connecting local business & local community
Let's get to know each other. The more connections we make, the more we can support each other.
3. Increased sales at local merchants
This is where the rubber meets the road. How can we incent and celebrate buying locally?
4. Increase supply of locally produced goods
More locally-produced goods, means more access to amazing options